IQA achieves its purpose and goals through a range of methods, including:
- Promoting a common core of quality assurance principles and standards that would guide higher education provisions in the countries of the Islamic World;
- Facilitating training and disseminating knowledge and information;
- Fostering transnational research and development on quality assurance in higher education;
- Providing quality assurance expertise and consultancy services to assist establishment of quality assurance agencies;
- Developing collaboration with other organizations that promote quality in higher education; and
- Other appropriate means as determined by the Roundtable and/or the Executive Board.